1 / 1 Picture by: Lynn Lewis
Garlic sauce (aïoli)
- 1 large slice white bread, crust removed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium very fresh egg yolks
- 1 cup (250 ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons yoghurt, optional
Preparation:10min › Ready in:10min
- Tear bread into small pieces; drizzle with milk. Mix to a fine paste with garlic and salt. Using an electric whisk, add egg yolks and 2 tablespoons oil. Whisk in lemon juice, then another 2 tablespoons oil, drop by drop. Add remaining oil in a thin, steady stream; stir constantly. Add salt and pepper. Add yoghurt, if using.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!