Quick and Easy Spinach Lasagne
- 750g ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 large egg
- 1 litre chunky tomato pasta sauce
- 16 sheets instant lasagne
- 600g frozen chopped leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 2/3 cups coarsely grated mozzarella
Preparation:30min › Cook:55min › Ready in:1hour25min
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly oil a large ovenproof baking dish measuring about 23×33cm and about 7cm deep.
- Mix together the ricotta, parmesan and egg in a large bowl. Spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce over the base of the oiled baking dish. Arrange four of the lasagne sheets to cover the base of the dish; if necessary, overlap them a little. Spread with a quarter of the ricotta mixture, then top with a third of the spinach. Repeat layering twice more with the sauce, lasagne sheets, ricotta mixture and spinach. Top with the remaining four sheets of lasagne.
- Spread the remaining ricotta mixture and pasta sauce over the top, then gently press the lasagne sheets down into the dish, so the sauce comes up around the sides. Use a sheet of foil to cover the dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes, then uncover, sprinkle with the mozzarella and bake for a further 20 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbling. Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes before cutting into rectangles to serve.
I finely diced and cooked until soft - 1 brown onion & 2 cloves of garlic. I then added this to my spinach mixture. I also used 2 eggs in my ricotta and cheddar cheese as well. SO easy & VERY yummy! - 10 Mar 2011
My mum is fed up with life! My name is Maria - 03 Oct 2013
Absolutely a beautiful meal. Everyone loved this lasagne. Definitely will keep this receipe,so easy to make. - 12 Mar 2012