- 1⁄2 head medium green cabbage (about 500g)
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 cup (125g) good-quality mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preparation:10min › Ready in:10min
- Finely shred the cabbage using a sharp knife.
- Place the cabbage in a large bowl with the carrot, onion, spring onions, celery and parsley; toss to combine.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, lemon juice and mustard in a small bowl until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add dressing to salad; toss gently to combine.
A great way to use up those salad ingredients in the fridge. Remember to "dress" the salad, don't "drown" it! Looks pretty served inside a lettuce leaf cup. - 30 Dec 2008