1 / 1 Picture by: SunFlower
Classic Cherry Clafoutis
- 2 tins (425g each) stoned cherries in syrup
- 1⁄2 cup (70g) plain flour
- 1⁄3 cup (55g) dark brown sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) low-fat milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- icing sugar to dust (optional)
Preparation:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Drain the cherries, then tip onto kitchen paper and pat dry.
- Divide cherries equally among four 300ml individual flan dishes, or other ovenproof dishes, spreading them in an even layer. Set aside.
- Sift the flour into bowl and add the sugar. In jug, beat the milk and eggs together and stir in the vanilla essence. Whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture to make a smooth batter. (Alternatively, combine the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.)
- Pour the batter slowly over the fruit. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly set and pale golden. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!