1 / 1 Picture by:
- 1 medium cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 small French shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of sugar
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 soft, round lettuce, washed
- 1/2 small cucumber and 1/2 small red capsicum, seeded and cut into very fine strips
- 18 large capers
Preparation:40min › Cook:7min › Ready in:47min
- Steam the cauliﬂower ﬂorets for 7 minutes, or until almost cooked but still slightly crisp.
- Meanwhile, whisk the olive oil with the garlic, vinegar, parsley, shallot, salt, pepper and sugar. While the cauliﬂower is still hot, put it in a bowl and pour on the dressing, gently turning the ﬂorets until they are evenly coated. Leave to cool.
- Mix the chopped tomatoes with the mayonnaise, tomato sauce, Tabasco sauce and lemon juice and season to taste.
- Arrange a layer of lettuce leaves on a ﬂat serving plate, put a layer of cauliﬂower on top and spoon on a little of the tomato mayonnaise. Continue to layer in this way with the lettuce, cauliﬂower and mayonnaise to make a pyramid shape, concealing the lettuce. Finish with a layer of cauliﬂower. Spoon over any remaining mayonnaise, then sprinkle with the shreds of cucumber and capsicum and the capers. Serve at once.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!