Be the first to make this!
Halved baked potatoes are filled with a bacon mash and topped with a ham "sail." Serve on a sea of lettuce to your kids!
1 medium sized baking potato
2 tablespoons of grated Cheddar cheese
4 rashers of bacon
2 slices of ham
2 cherry tomatoes
Some salad leaves
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Bake the potato for 45 minutes, or until it's soft in the centre. Set aside to cool down.
- Cook the bacon under the grill or in a frying pan. Chop when cooked.
- Cut the potato longways, and scoop out all the potato into a bowl, being careful not to break through the skin.
- Add half of the cheese and bacon to the potato: mix well.
- Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins, and top with remaining grated cheese.
- Put back into the oven or under the grill for another 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Take two cocktail sticks, and thread a slice of ham on each to look like sails.
- Secure a cherry tomato at the top end of the stick and place in the middle of the potato.
- Serve on a 'sea' of lettuce leaves.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate