1 / 1 Picture by: Lynn Lewis
Capsicum & Ham Quiche
- 1 unbaked, 24 cm, deep-dish pastry case (made from 1 sheet frozen shortcrust pastry)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup (55 g) finely chopped lean ham
- 1 cup (260 g) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preparation:10min › Cook:1hour5min › Ready in:1hour15min
- Preheat oven to 210°C. Prick bottom of pastry case with a fork. Bake 8 minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce temperature to 160°C.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion; sauté until softened, 5 minutes. Add capsicum; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in ham. Spoon mixture into pastry case.
- Process the ricotta, yogurt, eggs, and salt and pepper in a blender or food processor until very smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour over mixture in pastry case; stir gently.
- Bake until mixture is set but still slightly wobbly in the centre, 45 to 55 minutes. Remove to a wire rack; cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!