1 / 1 Picture by: Janet Mitchell
Butterfly steak with fruity couscous
Serves : 4
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds or pine nuts
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit or sultanas
- 250 g couscous
- 4 pork butterfly steaks (125 g each)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
Preparation:15min › Cook:10min › Ready in:25min
- Lightly toast the almonds in a small frying pan over moderate heat for about 2 to 3 minutes; put aside.
- Combine the stock, orange juice, oil and garlic in a deep saucepan. Bring to the boil over moderate heat, then add the dried fruit and couscous and quickly stir with a fork. Remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spray a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray. Heat over high heat, add the pork and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Let stand for 5 minutes in a warm place.
- Combine the nuts, couscous mixture and parsley and fluff up with a fork. Serve with the pork topped with a little chilli sauce.
Pork is the number-one dietary source of thiamin; it offers impressive amounts of other B vitamins as well. And pork is now far leaner than it used to be.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!