Bok Choy, Tofu and Mushroom Stir-Fry
6 people made this
In addition to the phytoestrogens from the tofu, this stir-fry is also rich in calcium, selenium, beta-carotene and vitamin C.
400g extra-firm tofu
2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornflour
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 spring onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
250g fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps quartered
250g button mushrooms, halved
1 large head bok choy, sliced crosswise into 3-cm-wide strips
- Halve block of tofu horizontally, then cut each piece into 12 squares or triangles; set aside. In small bowl, combine soy sauce, sugar, cornflour and 1⁄2 cup water; set soy sauce mixture aside.
- In a wok or a large non-stick frying pan, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add spring onions, ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute or until tender.
- Stir in shiitake and button mushrooms. Add 1⁄2 cup water; cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil and bok choy to pan; stirring frequently, cook for 5 minutes or until bok choy is tender.
- Return mushroom-spring onion mixture to pan and add tofu. Stir soy sauce mixture to recombine, add to pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until tofu is heated through and vegetables coated with sauce.
i put extra soy sauce, but yummy healthy dish
- 16 Apr 2014
Write a review
Click on stars to rate