Coffee Syrup Cake
1 / 1
4 people made this
If you like coffee you'll love this cake. It has a coffee syrup poured over it while warm and is served with coffee sauce. Everyone asks for the recipe so here it is.
100g self-raising flour
100g caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons instant coffee dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water
1 tablespoon coffee
4 tablespoons sugar
For the coffee sauce
50g caster sugar
1 tablespoon instant coffee
3 tablespoons golden syrup
125ml evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a 23cm cake tin.
- Cake: Beat butter until light and fluffy with electric beaters. Add sugar and beat for another minute.
- Gradually add the beaten eggs, and coffee and water, alternating with the self-raising flour and beating until the mixture is smooth and light. Pour into prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Syrup: Place all the syrup ingredients in a pan and heat until the sugar has dissolved. Prick holes all over the cake and spoon the coffee syrup over the cake while still warm.
- For the coffee sauce; mix all the ingredients and heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Serve cake with the warm coffee sauce.
Altered ingredient amounts.
I added some shredded coconut. Was yum
- 06 Feb 2011
very easy to make I made it with the syrup a bit too soft so next time i will add more flour. Very nice.
- 06 Feb 2011
Write a review
Click on stars to rate