Start the day porridge
Be the first to make this!
I actually enjoy getting up in the morning if I know I'm going to have this porridge! I have a large bowl to fill me up for the day.
50g rolled oats
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
50 ml water if needed
1 dried apricot cut into small pieces
1 small banana
15 ml of a good honey or maple syrup
1 dried date, cut into quarters (optional)
- Soak the oats overnight with the cinnamon.
- Next morning put the pot on a medium heat and add 150ml of the milk and the raisins into the oats and stir until the oats have soaked up the milk.
- Add the water and the apricot.
- When that has been soaked up taste to check if the porridge is cooked, if you require more milk use up the left over.
- When cooking is complete, slice the banana and put into your bowl and pour the porridge over then drizzle the honey or maple syrup over it and add the chopped date.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate