- Use a 20-cm fluted flan tin with a loose base. Sift flour onto a work surface; make a well in the centre. Place butter, sugar and egg yolks in the well and, using the fingertips of one hand, work these ingredients together. Then draw in flour from the edge and work to a smooth paste. Wrap in cling wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to line base and side of tin. Chill for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 190°C .
- Line pastry case with baking paper and fill with dried beans or rice. Bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove paper and beans; bake for a further 5 minutes or until cooked through. Allow pastry case to cool; carefully remove from tin.
- For the filling, mix the cheese, honey, orange zest and juice together until smooth. Spoon the filling into the case and spread it evenly to the rim.
- Arrange the berries on top of the filling. Gently heat the jelly until melted and smooth; brush it generously over berries. Refrigerate to cool and set. This dessert should be served within 2 hours of adding the filling.
Try this, too…
*For Raspberry and Peach Tart, instead of the honey and orange juice, flavour cheese with 1 tsp rosewater, or to taste, and 1 tbsp caster (superfine) sugar. Replace strawberries and blueberries with 125 g (1 cup/4 1/2 oz) raspberries and 3 ripe peaches, cut into neat slices. Use melted apricot jam for the glaze.
*For Mango and Passionfruit Tart, instead of the orange zest and juice, flavour the cheese with the sieved pulp of 2 passionfruit. Replace berries with 1 large ripe mango cut into neat slices and glaze with melted apricot jam.