1 / 1 Picture by:
Beef, Veal or Lamb Stock
Serves : 12
- 1 kg meat bones (beef, veal or lamb)
- 2 litres water
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs of fresh parsley
- 1 large bay leaf
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 6 peppercorns
Preparation:20min › Cook:3hours › Ready in:3hours20min
- Place the bones in a large saucepan or stockpot and add the water, or enough to cover the bones. Bring to the boil, skimming off the scum as it rises to the surface.
- Tie together the thyme, parsley and bay leaf and add to the pan with the onions, celery, carrots and peppercorns. Cover and simmer gently for 2–3 hours.
- Strain the stock through a sieve into a bowl, discarding the bones and vegetables. Leave to cool, then chill. Skim any fat from the surface and discard before using the stock.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!