1 / 1 Picture by: Lynn Lewis
Bean & vegetable tostadas
- 6 corn tortillas (15 cm)
- 1 can (425 g) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (420 g) canned corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 1 small tomato, cored and chopped (about ½ cup)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 small jalapeño or other hot chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- dash of Tabasco
- 1 small ripe avocado, stoned, peeled and chopped
Preparation:15min › Cook:10min › Ready in:25min
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Place tortillas in a single layer on a baking tray; coat both sides of each one with cooking spray. Bake until lightly browned and crisp, about 10 minutes; turn them over halfway through. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Combine beans, corn, tomato, onion, chilli, coriander, lime juice, salt and Tabasco in a large bowl. Gently fold in avocado. Top each tortilla evenly with bean mixture.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!