Basil & Parmesan salad dressing
Serves : 8
- 250g silken tofu
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
Preparation:5min › Ready in:5min
- Process the tofu, Parmesan and basil in a food processor until well blended.
- Add the mustard, vinegar and 1 tablespoon water. Purée until smooth.
Soya beans—one of the world's most important sources of dietary protein and polyunsaturated oil—are the source of two highly nutritious food products: tofu and soya milk.
Tofu, also known as bean curd, is remarkably nutritious, supplying complete protein and important minerals, as well as the cancer-fighting substance genistein.
Soya milk is commonly used as a non-dairy substitute, and is a great boon to the lactose-intolerant. It contains high-quality protein but has less saturated fat than dairy milk and no cholesterol.