1 / 1 Picture by: courtneynovits
Barley Risotto with Broccolini and Lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups pearl barley
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 cups reduced salt vegetable stock
- 2 bunches broccolini (tenderstem broccoli), roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley or snipped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preparation:20min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hour5min
- Heat the oil in a large heavy based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened; about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add barley and garlic then cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until barley is tender; about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Add broccolini, cover, cook 3 minutes. Remove risotto from the heat. Stir in Parmesan, parsley (or chives), lemon zest, lemon juice and pepper.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!