Baked cod with potatoes, tomatoes & rocket
- 500 g red potatoes, unpeeled and cut in 1.5 cm-thick slices
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 75 g rocket leaves
- 500 g cod, barramundi, snapper or other thick, firm-fleshed white fish steaks, cut into 5 cm chunks
Preparation:20min › Cook:38min › Ready in:58min
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine potato, onion, oil and half the salt in a medium baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring mixture once.
- Stir tomato, garlic and oregano into potato mixture. Spread the rocket over the top in an even layer. Top with fish steaks. Sprinkle with remaining salt.
- Bake, covered with aluminium foil, just until fish is cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer fish and vegetable mixture to serving plates. Spoon pan juices over each serving.
Used different ingredients. I don't particularly like rocket, so used baby spinach instead and added a little lemon pepper as seasoning - the family raved about the dish. Thanks - 14 Apr 2009
Altered ingredient amounts. I thought it was too much rocket and was quite bitter. I think spinach would work better. I also had to add more salt and cook in for 30 mins instead of 15-18 that the recipe said. - 26 Apr 2010
Made it healthier. did this recipe as is but did drop the salt and still found this great - 31 Aug 2009