Baby Bok Choy with Chilli Sesame Dressing
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, finely sliced diagonally
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bunch baby bok choy (500 g)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Preparation:10min › Cook:1min › Extra time:1min › Ready in:12min
- Combine the ginger, chilli, garlic, sesame oil, mirin, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl.
- Blanch the whole bok choy in boiling water in a large saucepan for 1 minute, then place on a serving plate. Drizzle with the dressing then sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
For you information, vegans definitely do not eat honey. Let me explain: We consider it cruel as the bees make it for their own dietary needs, that is to feed their hives and sustain their young. The production of honey from a single bee over its entire lifetime is only one-twelfth of a teaspoon! So each tablespoon of honey represents the workload of thirty six bees!! Furthermore, to obtain the honey, the bees are smoked out of their hives, which goes straight into their eyes and respiratory system. Bees are killed in this process. Please remove the vegan label or adjust your recipe accordingly. - 16 Oct 2009
Perhaps if the quantities were adjusted accordingly it would be more palatable but as it is, the sesame oil overpowers every other flavour making it a truly awful dish. - 16 Jul 2011