1 / 1 Picture by:
Brioche and Apricot Pudding
- 8 medium-sized slices brioche loaf, about 200 g in total
- 4 tablespoons apricot conserve
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 100g dried apricots, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 450ml low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon dark rum or brandy
Preparation:10min › Cook:55min › Ready in:1hour5min
- Spread the brioche slices with the conserve. (If the conserve is a little thick, warm it gently so that it can be spread easily.) Cut the slices in half diagonally or into squares.
- Arrange the pieces of brioche in a lightly greased 1.2 litre ovenproof dish, scattering the sultanas and dried apricots between the layers.
- Place the eggs in a mixing bowl. Add the milk, vanilla essence and rum or brandy, and whisk together until well combined. Pour the mixture over the brioche, then gently press the brioche down into the liquid. Leave to soak for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. If desired, pull up the edges of some of the brioche slices to make a peaked effect. Bake the pudding for 30–35 minutes or until it is just firm to the touch. Serve immediately.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!