Creamy Beetroot Soup
3 people made this
This vegetarian beetroot soup is deliciously creamy and filling. Serve hot with fresh chopped ill and creme fraiche.
1 large onion
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 large raw beetroot
1 medium potato
1 litre vegetable stock
1 tablespoon vinegar
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
a small bunch of fresh dill
100ml creme fraiche or sour cream
- Fry onion in oil in a large saucepan.
- Dice peeled beetroot and potato, add them to the onion and just cover with water.
- Add vegetable stock, vinegar, salt, pepper, thyme and stir well.
- Bring to boil, reduce the heat and cook for 30 min.
- Mix in a blender or with bamix until creamy. Serve hot with chopped dill and creme fraiche/sour cream.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate