Chicken with Green Capsicum in Black Bean Sauce
- 1½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 2 chicken breasts, approx 200g each, chopped into cubes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 green capsicums, stems removed, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
Preparation:15min › Cook:25min › Ready in:40min
- Heat a wok over a medium heat until hot, add the sesame oil and heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add the salt, garlic and black bean sauce. Cook while stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and cook while stirring until it is cooked throughout. Dissolve the stock cube in 1 cup boiling water and stir in. Cover and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add the onion, soy sauce, spring onions, coriander, black pepper and capsicum. Cover and cook for another 8 minutes or until most of the liquid is reduced.
- Mix the cornflour with 3 tablespoon of water and add it to the wok.
- Stir the mixture until the sauce thickens and add more salt and pepper if required.
- Serve on jasmine rice.
AMAZING! Sooooo tasty!!! So easy to make. Gave my husband goosebumps it was that good. We were in awe. Will definitely make again. Full of flavour and far from bland! We didn't use coriander as we both don't like it, but that didn't make it any less tasty!! - 26 Mar 2011
Delicious! But a little salty with the salt, stock and soy as well. Next time I think I won't add the tspn of salt at the start or maybe half a tspn instead. Instead of rice I used udon noodles. - 10 Aug 2012
I tried this recipe with my family and the verdict was that it was a little disapointing and somewhat bland. It seems reminiscent of a westernised chineese recipe from an earlier time and I doubt that I will be revisiting this recipe. - 25 Mar 2010