18 people made this
A Japanese-style cheesecake differs from other cheesecakes by using an emulsification of cornflour and eggs to create a flan-like texture. Delicious!
250g cream cheese
6 egg, whites and yolks separated
1/4 teaspoon salt
60g plain flour
140g granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar or 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven at 160 C. Grease the bottom of a 20cm round cake tin and line the side of the tin with baking paper.
- In a sauce pan, melt the cream cheese and butter into the milk. Cool the cream cheese mixture. When cool, add flour, cornflour, egg yolk and salt and beat until well blended.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites together with cream of tartar until foamy, add in sugar and at high speed beat until soft peaks form.
- Add egg white mixture to the cream cheese mixture and mix until well blended. Pour into baking pan.
- Bake using steam bath style for 60 minutes. Cool.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate