1 / 1 Picture by: Lillian
Red Kidney Beans With Fennel Seed
Serves : 10
- 2 cups dried red kidney beans
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- freshly ground mixed peppercorns to taste
Preparation:5min › Cook:35min › Ready in:40min
- Place beans into a pressure cooker and fill with enough water to cover the beans by 2.5cm. Quick soak them by bringing to the boil and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain and cool for 1 hour.
- Add water to the beans again, filling just enough to cover the beans by 1.5cm. Season with salt, fennel seed, cayenne pepper and mixed peppercorns. Put the lid on and set the pressure to high.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 35 minutes. Release the pressure according to the manufacturer's instructions before attempting to open the pot. Do not open right away. Serve hot.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!