Chilled Nectarine Compote
Be the first to make this!
A lovely way to serve fresh nectarines when they come into season. This would be a nice dessert for a dinner party, or just around the family table.
500g ripe nectarines
2 tablespoons caster sugar
1 or 2 whole star anise
4 tablespoons thickened cream
Extra time:1hour chilling ›
- Quarter and stone each nectarine.
- Melt the sugar into the butter in a heavy saucepan on a low heat, and cook until the mixture turns a light brown.
- Now add the nectarines and star anise and cook for around 18 minutes on a medium heat until the nectarines are soft.
- Take off the heat, remove the star anise, and whip or blend the mixture into a purée. Keep in the fridge until needed, to cool.
- When ready to serve, whip the thickened cream until you can form a soft peak, and add to the top of the compote. Serve chilled.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate