1 / 1 Picture by:
Mushroom and Walnut Vegetarian Meatloaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 375g crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon ground sage
- 1 1/4 cups cooked brown rice (about 1/2 cup raw)
- 1/2 cup (60g) walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 packet French onion soup mix
- 1 cup (95g) oat bran
- 1 cup (80g) wheatgerm
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
Preparation:45min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour45min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease a 23x13cm loaf tin.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Stir in the mushrooms, onions, and capsicums; cook until the onion is transparent, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle sage over the vegetables, and cook until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes more. Transfer vegetables to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir the rice, walnuts, soup mix, oat bran, wheatgerm, egg whites, Worcestershire sauce and mustard into the mushroom mixture until thoroughly blended. Spoon into prepared loaf tin, pressing down mixture with a spatula to flatten top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!