Lamb with Vegetables and Couscous
9 people made this
Tender boneless lamb, cubed and marinated in herbs with lime and chillies. This is a traditional North African dish and goes really well with couscous.
1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
1 generous handful of mint leaves, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 chilli, finely chopped
350g boneless leg of lamb, cubed
1 eggplant, peeled and cubed
1 red capsicum, seeded and chopped
1 yellow capsicum, seeded and chopped
2 spring onions, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
250 ml water
- To make the marinade; combine rosemary, the juice of two limes, chopped mint leaves, salt, pepper, olive oil and the minced chilli and garlic.
- Add the lamb and coat well with the marinade; marinate at least 1 hour and up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Coat the eggplant, red and yellow capsicum in olive oil and place on a baking tray. Bake in the preheated oven until cooked, about 30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, heat the olive oil in pan over medium heat. Remove lamb from marinade (discard marinade); cook and stir until the lamb is cooked through-about 15-20mins.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the couscous, ensuring that it is being coated by the butter. Add the water and stir for one of two seconds and let it simmer.
- Cover, remove from heat and set aside until all the water is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork, and stir in the juice of 1 lime.
- Mix together the lamb and vegetables and serve over the couscous. Garnish with any remaining spring onions and serve with lime wedges.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate