Classic Welsh Rarebit
- 100g mature Chedder cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons beer (or milk)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 slices of thick white bread, lightly toasted
Preparation:5min › Cook:5min › Ready in:10min
- Place cheese and beer in saucepan; stir until cheese melts.
- Add butter, mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- Place toast on a baking tray and spoon cheese mixture evenly over each slice.
- Cook under the grill until golden brown. Serve straight away.
I liked this. I liked it, a lot. I made both this recipe and a traditional garlic bread to serve w/a pasta dinner and I just wanted to keep eating this! So good. I used Stone IPA as my beer. Awesome. - 07 May 2013