1 / 1 Picture by: alisha.n
- 1 3/4 cups (200g) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 125g butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 500g ricotta
Preparation:30min › Cook:50min › Extra time:30min chilling › Ready in:1hour50min
- Stir together 1 3/4 cups flour and 2 tablespoons sugar in a large bowl. Work in butter until the mixture becomes crumbly. Stir in water a tablespoon at a time, just until the dough comes together and is no longer dry. Form into a ball and wrap with plastic; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and line a 25cm pie tin. Trim excess from the edges of the tin. Pierce the bottom of the dough several times with a fork then set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and half of the cinnamon; continue beating until firm peaks form. Beat in honey, then fold in ricotta cheese until evenly combined. Pour the filling into the prepared crust and smooth the top with a moistened knife.
- Bake in preheated oven until the centre is set and the top is dark golden brown, 50 to 60 minutes. Once cooked, remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!