Vanilla Custard Cake
This cake is easy to make and tastes really great. The layers of pastry and custard give it a wonderful rustic look.
5 people made this
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup (60g) white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
2 cups (250g) flour
1 pinch salt, to taste
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 cups (1 litre) thick, hot custard
Extra time:1hour setting ›
- Melt butter then beat together with sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well. Add vanilla essence and mix.
- Sift in flour, salt and baking powder. Mix into a biscuit dough.
- Divide into 7 equal balls then roll out very thinly into neat 20cm discs.
- Place on baking tray (2 discs per tray) and bake for about 5 minutes on 200 degrees C. Do not brown, keep light.
- Make a layer of the disc then the custard until six discs are used. Spread custard on top of the 6th disc too.
- Crush 7th disc fine and sprinkle the crumbs of it over the cake.
- Custard will ooze out the sides until set.
- Chill for at least an hour then serve.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 184.108.40.206