Soft and Chewy Chocolate Biscuits
26 people made this
These are a really easy to make recipe that create a super soft and chewy biscuit with is a nice change from the shop bought crunchy style.
1 cup (220g) white sugar
1 cup (155g) soft dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
3 cups (400g) plain flour
60g cocoa powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, bicarb and salt then stir into the mixture.
- Drop dough by teaspoons full onto ungreased baking trays.
- Cook for 8-9 minutes.
- Leave the biscuits on the baking tray for a few minutes after removing from the oven as they will be soft.
- Remove from the tray onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Very tasty, thank you Katie. My boys wolfed these down!
- 13 Jul 2011
These are moist, chewy cookies with a good chocolatey flavor. I didn't change a thing except to soften the butter before creaming it. Delicious!
- 07 May 2013
Just perfect. Everyone loved them.
- 09 Aug 2015
Write a review
Click on stars to rate