Chicken and Asparagus Risotto
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced finely
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 bunch asparagus, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Preparation:20min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hour
- Bring chicken stock to the boil in a small saucepan; cover and keep warm over low heat.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the chicken, cook until lightly browned and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil in the saucepan, add onions and cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in the rice, and continue cooking until the rice turns opaque, and the onion begins to brown.
- Stir in the wine and asparagus; cook, stirring constantly, until the wine evaporates. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in 1/3 of the hot chicken stock. Cook, stirring constantly, until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in another 1/3 of the chicken stock and continue cooking and stirring until absorbed. Season the risotto with oregano and basil. Pour in the remaining stock, and stir until absorbed. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then stir in the parmesan cheese and chicken. Cook 2 minutes.
I made this for the family and it was a great hit. I added chopped bacon, mushrooms and zucchini just to give it more vege. Turned out delicious and the arm got a great workout too! This is a excellent base recipe where you can pretty much add what you want. Will be on the menu regularly. Thanks for sharing - 17 May 2012
Very easy to make, and very tasty. Will make again - 05 Dec 2011
I loved it; it was so easy to make - 09 May 2010