Orange Tea Cake
2 / 2
7 people made this
This is a delicious cake that gets its orange flavour from orange zest and orange marmalade. Ideal for afternoon tea when friends drop around.
1 1/4 cups (155g) self-raising flour
3 tablespoons milk
1/3 cup (90g) castor sugar
1 orange, zested
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line the base of a small loaf tin with baking paper and grease sides of the tin.
- Beat together flour, margarine, egg, milk and sugar.
- Add the orange zest and marmalade then beat together.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared loaf tin.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
Used different ingredients.
I used 50g melted butter instead of margarine, added 1/2 cup of chopped peacans and dusted the top of the cake with icing sugar.
- 07 Jun 2011
I found the batter a little on the dry side and added 1/4 cup of orange juice,, also used butter in prefrance to margarine
- 25 Sep 2015
Write a review
Click on stars to rate