Rhubarb and Apple Crumble
- 1 large eating apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 stalks rhubarb, thickly sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons caster sugar
- Crumble Topping
- 100g flour
- 125g caster sugar
- 60g rolled oats
- 60g butter
- 30g chopped nuts
Preparation:10min › Cook:45min › Ready in:55min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Combine apple and rhubarb in an oven-proof dish; sprinkle over sugar.
- In food processor, combine flour, sugar, butter, oats and nuts. Blend until you have a nice, crumbly mixture. Spread over the top of apple/ruhbarb mix.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until top is golden and fruit mix is bubbly.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream.
Very nice crumble topping with the walnuts. I added cloves to the fruit when cooking and I used brown sugar. I think ginger would be great in this too - 22 Oct 2009
beeyootifull!! I doubled the quantity of fruit ( 8 stalks and 2 apples) and added half a cup of water to the fruit too. Kept quantity of crumble the same and used walnuts. 45 mins in a gas oven at a shade under 200 and it came out perfect. - 10 May 2012
Easy and quick to make. Very yummy! I've cut down the sugar however as i dont like my crumble sweet. I dont put the 2-3 tablespoons of caster sugar on and i only use 90g sugar not the 125g. - 05 Jan 2012