3 people made this
This is a really nice moist tea loaf and can be served hot or cold with butter or cheese. I've made this for years.
1 kg self raising flour
250g mixed peel
2 teaspoon mixed spice
500g white sugar
4 large eggs
1/2 cup (125ml) coffee
- To a large bowl add the flour and margarine and rub together until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the plums, mixed peel, mixed spice and sugar to the bowl and mix well.
- In a measuring jug add the 4 eggs and coffee and beat well, then add milk to make it up to 600ml.
- Add the milk egg and coffee mix to the dry ingredients a little at a time until the mixture is smooth.
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees C.
- Line 3 loaf tins with greaseproof paper and divide the mixture equally between the tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 3-4 hours until the tops feel firm. Leave in the tin until cooled as the loaves tend to break if you remove them warm.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate