Green Vegetable Soup
2 people made this
This is a pureed vegetable soup that is green, this comes from some of its green ingredients like broccoli and watercress; it also has zucchini, leeks, onions and potatoes.
1 onion, sliced
3 small leeks, sliced
2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
3 small potatoes, diced
1 large head broccoli, broken into florets
1 zucchini, diced
1 large handful watercress
salt and pepper, to taste
cream or alternative to garnish
- Fry sliced onion and leeks in butter or low fat alternative until soft.
- Add stocks and diced potatoes then bring to boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes then add broccoli and zucchini. Bring back to boil and simmer with lid on for 5 minutes or until just tender.
- Add watercress and a little water if it looks too dry.
- Turn off heat and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Add salt and black pepper then serve with a sprig of watercress and swirl of cream.
I liked this. The soup tastes like broccoli potato soup. The color isn't all that pretty, but it tastes nice. I added a seasoning mix with a little spice to it..
- 06 May 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate