Bacon And Cabbage Soup
- 250g bacon, diced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup chicken stock, or as needed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 155g thinly sliced cabbage leaves
Preparation:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Place bacon in a large deep stockpot or saucepan. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain off any excess fat.
- Stir in potatoes, tomatoes and enough chicken stock to cover. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cabbage and allow the soup to simmer for a few minutes longer before serving.
Used different ingredients. I added shredded cooked chicken, carrots and brocolli stalks and lentils. was a hit with the whole family thanks - 03 Jun 2010
easy to make - 03 Jun 2010