8 people made this
This eye catching trifle has 4 layers yet is very easy to make. The day before make the jelly so it has time to set then assemble and eat.
2 packets jelly (1 red jelly the other a colour of your choice)
1 cup (250ml) custard
2 jam Swiss rolls
1 cup (250ml) thickened cream
Extra time:1day chilling ›
- Make the red jelly accord into the packet's instructions.
- Cut the Swiss rolls in to little pieces and mash up. Cover bottom of a serving dish.
- Pour the red jelly on top of the Swiss roll and put in fridge for 24 hours.
- Make the second jelly and place in a second bowl then leave to set for 24 hours.
- After the two jellies have set take the bowls out of the fridge and mash up the jelly without the swiss roll.
- Make an even layer of custard on top of jelly with Swiss roll.
- Make a layer of the second mashed jelly on top of the custard.
- Whisk the thickened cream until it holds peaks then spread on top of the second jelly.
- Finally add sprinkles if desired.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate