Chocolate and marzipan biscuits
Serves : 24
- 60g marzipan
- 125g margarine or butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 185g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 3 - 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 (100g) block of milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut puree (optional)
Preparation:15min › Cook:13min › Ready in:28min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Chop the marzipan into small squares; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing the first in before adding the second one.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa so that they are all combined.
- Then mix them into the creamed butter, sugar and egg . Mix in the vegetable oil and the milk. Finally add the chopped marzipan and chocolate to the mixture; gently stir to distribute.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a non stick baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 13 minutes. Leave to cool on a cooling rack before eating.
"yum" was my daughter's verdict. I used dark chocolate, otherwise I think they would be way too sweet. - 27 Nov 2010
Used different ingredients. dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate and left out hazelnut puree. i also baked them a bit longer - 27 Nov 2010