Chocolate and marzipan biscuits
Soft, yummy, definitely heaven if you love chocolate delights - hell if you’re trying to lose a few kilos!
8 people made this
125g margarine or butter
125g caster sugar
185g plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon milk
3 - 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 (100g) block of milk chocolate, chopped
1 teaspoon hazelnut puree (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Chop the marzipan into small squares; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing the first in before adding the second one.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa so that they are all combined.
- Then mix them into the creamed butter, sugar and egg . Mix in the vegetable oil and the milk. Finally add the chopped marzipan and chocolate to the mixture; gently stir to distribute.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a non stick baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 13 minutes. Leave to cool on a cooling rack before eating.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (8)
"yum" was my daughter's verdict. I used dark chocolate, otherwise I think they would be way too sweet.
27 Nov 2010
I totally love it! It even matches my skin tone.
09 Sep 2013
Used different ingredients.
dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate and left out hazelnut puree. i also baked them a bit longer
27 Nov 2010
User's IP: 188.8.131.52