Easy Cinnamon Biscuits
Serves : 48
- 155g self-raising flour
- 155g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 125g butter
- 100g sugar
- 1 egg beaten
Preparation:20min › Cook:10min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Sift flours and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg and mix well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and mix into firm dough. Lift on to a lightly floured board, knead until smooth. Roll to 5mm thickness. Cut into shapes and place on a greased oven tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light golden colour, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool and harden.
Not good at all....have to agree with Jorgo, tasted like flavoured cardboard. Also dough dry and crumbly nowhere near moist. - 26 Mar 2011
sorry to say this but, DUDE!, these were really just cinnamon flavoured cardboard ! NOT moist and not sweet at all ! kind of a shortbread/wheat-germ with cinnamon taste. added a white chocolate frosting just to get them eaten - 24 Jun 2010
This was a fun Christmas activity to do with the kids. The recipe made about 40 small stars. The dough was a little crumbly for a rollng pin so I found that pressing it down with the heel of my hand worked best. - 17 Dec 2009