1 / 1 Picture by: cigarboxguitar
Fresh Fig Pizza with Goats Cheese
Serves : 4
- for the base
- 1 cup (250ml) lukewarm water
- 1 (7g) sachet dry yeast
- 3 cups (375g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- for the topping
- 8 dried figs
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 125g goats cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
Preparation:1hour › Cook:18min › Ready in:1hour18min
- Pour the water into a large bowl, and sprinkle yeast over the top. Let stand for a few minutes to dissolve.
- Mix in the oil, salt and flour to make a dough. When the dough is too stiff to stir, turn out onto a floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes.
- Place into an oiled bowl and cover with a clean towel. Set aside to rise for about 45 minutes.
- Place the figs into a small bowl and pour boiling water over them. Let stand for about 10 minutes then drain and chop. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add the onions, cook and stir until they are wilted and soft. Reduce heat to low and season with salt. Continue to cook and stir until the onions are a dark brown about 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in the thyme, fennel seed and figs, and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C. Punch down the pizza dough and stretch into a circle about 1/2 cm thick. Place on a lightly greased pizza pan or baking tray.
- Brush the surface lightly with remaining olive oil. Spread the onion and fig mixture over the crust and dot the pieces of goats cheese on top of that.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until the crust has turned golden brown at the edges.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!