Be the first to make this!
This is a recipe for people who likes a moist, low-fat, dairy-free and egg-free version of a chocolate cake. You can get carob powder in most supermarkets.
2 1/4 cups (280g) self-raising flour
1 cup (220g) white sugar
1/4 cup (30g) carob powder
1 cup (250ml) water
1/4 cup (65ml) vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix together the dry ingredients, then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and beat until smooth. Add a little more water if needed.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and floured cake tin - about 23x33cm.
- Place into the preheated oven and cook for 30 minutes. Check its done with a skewer and, when done remove from the oven.
- Let cool in the tin for a few minutes then invert onto a rack and let it cool totally.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar when cool.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate