2 people made this
A thick, warming soup with excellent flavours- makes a perfect dinner served with bread and salad. Like most soups this tastes better the day after it is made.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 red onion, coarsely chopped
3 - 4 large sticks of celery, chopped
1 bulb of fennel, chopped
500g mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 litre good chicken stock
a dash of oyster sauce (or more)
1 teaspoon dried sage
salt a pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pan over a moderate heat. Add the onions, celery and fennel and cover.
- Sweat these ingredients down, shaking the pan regularly, for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend down to a smooth soup. Season to taste.
Full of flavour! I love this recipe. Left out the onion because I didn't have any. So quick and easy. Will definitely make it again and again.
- 27 Jun 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate