1 / 1 Picture by:
Serves : 6
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped - more or less to taste
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 x 400g tins red kidney beans
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- salt to taste
- 100g corn chips
- 50g cheese, grated or as needed
Preparation:10min › Cook:25min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
- In a large pot, heat the oil and add the onion, garlic and capsicum and cook until soft. Add the spices and cook for 1 minute. Add beans, tomatoes and salt to taste; cover and simmer for 10 mins until thickened. Spoon in to a greased ovenproof dish.
- Lightly crush the corn chips and scatter on top of the beans. Sprinkle over the cheese and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Serve hot with salad.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!