Creamy Fettuccini Carbonara
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 shallots, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 500g bacon, cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 (500g) packet fettuccine
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 3/4 cup (90g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation:10min › Cook:25min › Extra time:35min › Ready in:1hour10min
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Fry shallots until softened. Stir in onion and bacon, and cook until bacon is evenly browned. Stir in garlic when bacon is about half done. Remove from heat.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta, then return it to the pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, cream, and shredded Parmesan. Pour the bacon mixture over the pasta, then stir in the cream mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
Altered ingredient amounts. add mushrooms when frying bacon - 24 Aug 2009
Loved it. I made if for my hubby for dinner and then he took some for work the next day. He said it was yummy hot and cold. Definitely a winner this one! - 16 Oct 2011
didnt like it. followed as instructed and it never turned out remotely like the pic. DISAPPOINTING - 11 Apr 2010