Coconut Kumara Soup
1 / 1
17 people made this
This recipe is one of our favourites. You can leave the ginger out if it is not to your personal taste and it will be just as good.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 brown onion, medium, chopped
2 teaspoons grated ginger (optional)
1 kg orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled and roughly chopped
3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
400ml coconut milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
coriander to garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and ginger and cook until the onion softens.
- Add the sweet potato and stir to coat in the onion mixture
- Add the chicken stock and cover the saucepan. Bring to the boil, and then reduce heat. Simmer for about 12-15 minutes or until the potato has softened.
- Puree the soup in a food processor, or using a stick mixer in the pan.
- Stir in the coconut milk, and reheat over a medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper, lemon juice and coriander. Serve with crusty bread.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate