1 / 1 Picture by:
Beer Bread with Dill
- 3 cups (375g) bread flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 375ml good beer like Coopers or Cascade, at room temperature and not flat
- 5 tablespoons fresh dill or rosemary, chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
Preparation:10min › Cook:50min › Extra time:30min rising › Ready in:1hour30min
- Combine first 4 ingredients very well, sifting at least 3 times to ensure that baking powder is thoroughly mixed in and air incorporated.
- Sprinkle the fresh dill or rosemary into flour mixture, and incorporate well into flour mixture.
- Create a well in middle of flour mixture, and with a large pastry fork, pour in a third of the beer at a time.
- Stir in beer just to moistened, batter should be lumpy, do not knead or overmix.
- Pour into a well greased loaf pan- for best result: line with well-buttered aluminium foil, lining all sides of the pan,with a few centimetres of foil hanging over the sides. Let sit for 30 mins to rise, in a warm place.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 50-60 mins or till loaf has a golden brown crust.
- Remove from oven, leave in pan for 10 mins, then remove and cool on wire rack.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!