Serves : 32
- 420g can corn kernels, drained
- 120g sliced black or green olives
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 avocados, flesh diced
Preparation:20min › Ready in:20min
- In a large bowl, mix corn, olives, red capsicum and onion.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, cider vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour dressing into the corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill in the refrigerator a couple of hours.
- Stir diced avocados into the mixture before serving.
I really enjoyed the crunch of the onion and capsicum and the punch of the fresh garlic (glad I'm not breathing on anyone today) I only had fresh corn so just cut it off the cob and was out of lemon juice - so substituted lime. It was a knockout side dish to my American Style Smoked Pork. You WILL love it! - 26 Dec 2011