Chocolate Truffle Biscuits
- 125g dark chocolate, chopped
- 125g dark chocolate chips
- 120g butter
- 3 eggs
- 220g white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 65g plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
Preparation:1hour15min › Cook:10min › Ready in:1hour25min
- Melt the dark chocolate, the dark chocolate chips and the butter in a microwave or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whip eggs and sugar until thick and pale, about 2 minutes. Stir in the vanilla and the chocolate mixture until well mixed.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt together into a bowl. Gradually stir into the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in remaining 1 cup chocolate chips, cover dough and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Roll chilled dough into 2 1/2cm balls. Place on ungreased baking tray so they are 5cm apart and bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
- Allow biscuits to cool on tray for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Why use choc chips AND chopped choc, and then just melt them both together? Why not just use more chopped choc? - 07 Jan 2009
hi i thought the biscuits were very easy and they didnt last long, they were yummy - 05 May 2009
Ended up turning this mixture into a brownie. Had made double quantity as it was to cater for a cathedral function and maybe that was why they weren't staying risen. Tastes good even if it's not pretty (the ones that did end up as biscuits anyway - - they'd rise then shrink right down again) and I'm sure there will be some happy chocolate lovers at the function. - 08 Oct 2013