White Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberries
Serves : 16
- 250g digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 250g frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1/2 cup water
- 300g white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 600g cream cheese
- extra 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation:1hour › Cook:1hour › Ready in:2hours
- In a medium bowl, mix together biscuit crumbs and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of a 23cm springform pan.
- In a saucepan, combine raspberries, 2 tablespoons caster sugar, cornflour and water. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce is thick. Strain sauce through a sieve to remove seeds.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. In a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt white chocolate chips with cream, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese and extra 1/2 cup of sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in vanilla and melted white chocolate. Pour half of mixture over the biscuit base. Spoon 3 tablespoons raspberry sauce over mixture. Pour remaining cheesecake mix on top and again spoon 3 tablespoons raspberry sauce over the top. Swirl batter with the tip of a knife to create a marbled effect. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until filling is set.
- Cool, cover and chill for 8 hours before removing from pan. Serve with remaining raspberry sauce.
Altered ingredient amounts. I made double the amount of the sauce because I love raspberries. I also melted the white chocolate without the cream, and then just added them into the mix together. Tastes fantastic definitely making again! - 09 Mar 2011