Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 170g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Preparation:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees C. Grease baking trays or line with baking paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy, then add the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time on to the baking trays. Cookies should be about 8cm apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool on trays for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Used different ingredients. Used self raising flour instead! - 19 Feb 2010
Used different ingredients. I used self raising flour and doubled the recipe (: - 29 Oct 2010
Altered ingredient amounts. Used a lot less choc chips (I used one bag, which was a bit over one cup) and it was still great. A good way to stretch the grocery budget! - 28 Mar 2011